1/11/12

DE / 1 / CO / Q / DE / 8 / D / 4

It's pretty difficult for me to read just one book at a time. I didn't allow myself to start 1Q84 until I finished reading Freedom. (And it took me hella long to finish Freedom because I was jumping around various literary digs while reading it.) Needless to say, I haven't shed my two/three-book-at-a-time habit, but I'm accepting that it's my preferred way to read. I'm currently reading Haruki Murakami's 1Q84 and Jay-Z's Decoded. If there's one thing that these two books share, it's amazing (and amazingly similar!) book design. Take a look-see.

5 comments:

  1. these are both on my reading list, but I have to finish a bunch of other books first before I can move on the read another three or four at the same time... how is decoded?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Petra! I'm about halfway through with Decoded and I'm really enjoying it so far. Very creative writer. He includes a bunch of his song lyrics in the book with added footnotes. It's cool to get some backstory + some education on hip hop.

      Delete
  2. I just finished 1Q84 and loved it! It's such a beautiful book design isn't it?

    ReplyDelete