2/14/12

The Lover's Dictionary

 
I have never lived anywhere but New York or New England, but there are times when I'm talking to you and I hit a southern vowel, or a word gets caught in a southern truncation, and I know it's because I'm swimming in your cadences, that you permeate my very language.


Reading through my copy of The Lover's Dictionary, I decided to dog-ear the entries that I especially liked. I plan to do this again whenever I'm in a relationship. I think it'll be interesting to compare my single lady picks to those when I'm with someone to love & get annoyed at. I like that the anecdotes and definitions in the book aren't overly sweet and saccharine. But it's Valentine's Day, so I picked a sweet one to share. Hope you have a happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like we will be exchanging Valentine's day book recommendations - I've never heard of The Lover's Dictionary but now I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete