3/5/12

CSA Hoard!


Look at that beautiful box of produce! I have been seeeeriously lacking in my veggie intake lately, so I thought I'd jump-start my healthy food consumption with a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) subscription. I ordered from South Central Farmer's Cooperative and picked up my box at the Whole Foods in Pasadena. (They have multiple pick-up points around LA though). I didn't think I'd get this much stuff, so I definitely let out a little squeal when I opened up the box. I got a ton of kale, celery, and broccoli. The moment I saw the broccoli, I knew I wanted to make broccoli polenta. I've never had, read a recipe for, or even thought to combine broccoli with polenta, but that was strangely the first and only thing to pop into my mind upon first sight. Get a CSA box, yo. These farm-fresh veggies will speak to you.

3 comments:

  1. so how'd the polenta turn out? more importantly, did ya get the job??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably gonna make the polenta tomorrow. And I dunno. :/ They haven't emailed me yet.

      Delete
  2. Oh it looks great! I subscribed to South Central's CSA for a while... it's good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete