3/5/12

Make: Linocut Stamps

Stamps are such a fun way to decorate. Pair with some washi tape, and you've got a cute letter/package/gift in the making. I love browsing through the stamp selection at Kinokuniya, but I don't always love forking over the money to buy some. (It can get expensive!) So, I thought it'd be fun to make my own stamps. I booked it to Blick's, got my supplies, and got caught in a stamp making frenzy. I still need some practice in precision, but I love the handmade look that linocut creates. All you need is linoleum, a linocutter, and some stamp pads. (I might also get an ink brayer to see if that makes a big difference.) They're pretty fun to make, and it's nice to have the freedom to make whatever stamp you want. Plus, if you're anything like me, you'll somehow gain a few temporary tattoos in the process. 

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. so are you....if you know what I'm talking about! 3/31 - 4/1!

      Delete
  2. oooh! was thinking of going in to get a stamp of O+A made. can you lend your talents instead??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no guarantees on how it turns out, but I can definitely try!

      Delete
  3. I love making linocuts! There is also a much lengthier process for plaster cuts, but watch those fingers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oof, tell me about it. Learned the hard way. (Three times.)

      Delete
  4. these look amazing!
    i think making your own stamps is so much more satisfying. i might have to give it a go soon, i haven't done any linocuts since high school!

    ReplyDelete