3/11/12

Week(end) Recap

More linocuts + playing around with Pugly Pixel's tape strips.

This past week I...

Biked quite a bit. The weather lately has been pretty perfect, so I've been getting some more time on my bike. Would I look completely ridiculous riding around with a motorcycle helmet? Yeah, I already know the answer to that, but I considered it multiple times on my ride to Century City. Especially when I'd cycle through neighborhoods during what I assume are peak gardening times. (Like full on leaf blower-clad gardening.) Getting hit in the face with twigs, leaves, and dust is not so fun.

Had a couple mishaps in the kitchen. My attempt at broccoli polenta resulted in a sludgy mess. Did you know that you can buy dry polenta? Er, yeah, me neither. That log-shaped ready-to-go polenta is stealing the show at supermarkets, cause that's the only thing I knew polenta to be. I tried to wring out my squished spirits by making some lemon curd immediately afterwards. This was less of a failure, but the texture was a little grainy. I'm pretty sure this is because I overcooked it. I gotta say, though, I feel as if a veil has been lifted. What else can I curd?!

Went to a stand-up comedy show on a rooftop in downtown LA. I don't know about you, but that's not the kind of event I frequent. Me and my friend were quite giddy over the swanky views of the city. The gorgeous full moon in the sky didn't hurt either. The venue was definitely better than the comedy, but it was still a fun time.

Thought a lot about this article. It seems simple enough. You find something you love, you do it. But I've been struggling with what this looks like in my own life.

Went to a brunch + crafting party thrown by my super crafty cousin, Mary. I really should have taken photos cause the tablescape was so lovely. We made these party hats and individual apple pies, as well as some other goodies to modpodge. It was so nice to share stories and laughs over crafts and good grub. Thanks, Mary!

Got a job as a Production Assistant at a letterpress/stationary company. I'm pretty excited, not just for the new job, but to be commuting by bus. So many books to read! Any recommendations? (And I guess I got this resolution covered.)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What company Joyce? That sounds awesome!! Congratulations!

    Also, I sent you an email to your joycejchai adress. Could you check it out? Thanks lady! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new job Joyce, that's amazzzing! The interview you went to last week?
    Also, I'd love love to know more about the rooftop comedy show? That sounds incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shauna! :) Yup, this was the interview I went to last week. First week was good. Hopefully I can grow within this company! And the comedy show was at 1010 Wilshire. I couldn't tell whether it was a hotel or an apartment complex, but there was free comedy and free drinks!

      Delete