3/13/12

You are the 100% perfect girl for me.

This is one of my favorite short stories by Haruki Murakami. You could imagine my delight when I first read that Murakami described 1Q84 as "an amplification of one of his most popular short stories, "On Seeing the 100% Perfect Girl One Beautiful April Morning."' I'm surprised I didn't lose all my Twitter followers that day, cause I promptly blew up my feed with Murakami-related tweets. I bought a BüK last week which consists of a print out of this story. It was only a dollar fiddy. (Cheapest thing I've ever bought from Kinokuniya...) I even got an art project out of it. The booklet cover is pretty darn awful - pixely image of a random anime-style girl complete with Comic Sans text - so I'm going to try and design my own. (Some inspiration here.) Apologies for the crappy scans, but please read on for not-at-all-crappy story! 

P.S. Future husband, take note. That line (re: post title) would totally work on me.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I didn't know that! I really enjoyed 1Q84, but it wasn't what I was expecting at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this all. This is so sad. Why? And is 32 old?

    ReplyDelete