9/7/12

General Store, Venice

Confession: I love window shopping. Whenever I have a free day to myself, I like to make the usual rounds around my favorite LA shops. This past weekend was met with a rare occasion as I wandered outside of my Eastside bubble, one reason being to visit the newly opened General Store. Their flagship store is located in the Outer Sunset neighborhood of San Francisco. Not exactly a wander's distance, so I was excited to learn that they opened their second location in Venice. 

Open for about a month now, the General Store is chock full of treasures. Considering that my current aesthetic is 'Mori-girl-who-lives-in-the-desert' (obviously just made that up), this place was right up my alley. The well-lit space & wooden fixtures were filled with Beatrice Valenzuela sandals, Makr leather goods, Object and Totem vases, Black Crane frocks, Big Sur Country soaps, the list goes on.

If you're nearby Venice, check this place out. The store itself is as thoughtful and beautiful as the goods it carries. Be warned, though. The General Store will tickle your wanderlust as well as your urge to shop. Some snapshots, below... 

Indigo-dyed curtained fitting room.
Fine leather goodz.
Object & Totem vases.
Be mine, Tejidos.
Illesteva sunnies.

1801 Lincoln Boulevard
Venice, CA 90291
(310) 751-6393

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to visit their SF location but am happy to hear they have on in LA! Thanks for sharing the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete